|State or Federal?|
The Wildlife Conservation Board (WCB) is seeking high quality grant proposals that enhance stream flow pursuant to the objectives of Proposition 1 (Water Quality, Supply, and Infrastructure Act of 2014), California Water Action Plan, State Wildlife Action Plan, the fulfillment of WCB’s Mission, and meeting the priorities indicated in its Proposal Solicitation Notice. Proposals will propose projects for multi-benefit ecosystem restoration and protection.
Proposals must demonstrate that stream flow will be enhanced as a result of the proposed project. Additionally, funds granted by WCB under the Program will be focused on enhancing stream flow in streams that provide one or more of the following:
- Support anadromous fish;
- Support special status, threatened, endangered or at risk species; and/or
- Provide resilience to climate change.
|Academic Institutions, Local Public Agencies, Native American Tribes, Nonprofit Organizations, State Government|
Eligible entities are California public agencies (including public California universities), nonprofit organizations registered in California, public utilities, federally recognized Indian tribes, state Indian tribes listed on the Native American Heritage Commission’s California Tribal Consultation List, and mutual water companies.
Eligible project categories are Planning, Scientific Studies, Implementation, and Acquisition. Projects should not overlap into two categories.
- Planning grants provide funding for necessary activities that will lead to a specific future on-the-ground implementation project(s).
- Scientific Study grants fund projects to assess the condition of natural resources or assess the effectiveness of projects, management decisions or programs influencing natural resources.
- Implementation grants shall fund final design and construction of restoration and enhancement projects and new or enhanced facilities that will provide a direct and measurable enhancement to stream flow.
- Acquisition grants shall fund purchases of land, water rights, or interests in land or water that leads to a direct and measurable stream flow enhancement that supports the goals of the Program and the CWAP.
|Most Recent/Current Due Date|
|Sep 04, 2018|
|Due Date Notes|
|Applications are due by 5:00pm on September 4, 2018.|
|Most Recent RFP Release Date|
|Jul 02, 2018|
|Annual or Multi-Year?|
|Proposals with higher proportions of secured cost share contribution towards total project cost will receive higher scores during the proposal evaluation process. Proposals providing cost share in the form of cash or other resources (in-kind services) for the support of the project must specify the source and dollar amount of all proposed cost share.|
|Wildlife Conservation Board (WCB)|
|Total Amount Available for All Grants|
Link to Further Information