|State or Federal?|
The purpose of the Adult Drug Court Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) Program is to assist operational adult drug treatment court programs in the development and implementation of improved program practices for increased program effectiveness and long-term participant success. The Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) envisions a collaborative model of cooperating partners to assist operational courts with their individual goals of building and maximizing capacity; ensuring potential drug court participants are identified and assessed for risk and need; ensuring drug court participants receive targeted research-based services; enhancing the provision of recovery support services; ensuring the provision of community reintegration services to achieve long term recovery; and assisting in collecting and reporting on performance measures and identify and explain trends.
This program furthers the Department’s mission by providing resources to state, local, and tribal courts to enhance drug court programs and systems for nonviolent offenders with addictions, including those related to opioid abuse and overdose; and to enhance veterans treatment court programs and systems for offenders with both addictions and a history of violence related to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as a result of their service.
|Academic Institutions, Native American Tribes, Nonprofit Organizations, Private Corporations|
BJA is seeking applications from entities that have:
• Expert knowledge of drug courts, including the type or types of courts to be served;
• Extensive experience in brokering and developing technical assistance;
• Experience in identification of best practices;
• Program documentation, resource compilation, and information dissemination experience;
• The willingness to work with BJA and other partners as a member of a training and technical assistance collaborative; and
• Expert knowledge on the sustainability of drug courts.
|Most Recent/Current Due Date|
|Apr 16, 2019|
|Due Date Notes|
|Due by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time|
|Most Recent RFP Release Date|
|Feb 12, 2019|
|Total Possible Multi-Year Award|
|# of Awards|
|U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Assistance|
|Total Amount Available for All Grants|
Link to Further Information