The overall intent of the Adaptation Planning grant program is to support local and regional adaptation planning efforts on the transportation system.
Projects should accomplish one or more of the following:
- identify climate change impact risks to multimodal transportation infrastructure in the project area
- identify specific transportation infrastructure vulnerabilities to climate change impacts
- identify adaptation strategies and specific actions to remedy identified climate related vulnerabilities
- advance the planning of specific climate adaptation projects, such as a developing a cost estimate or conceptual design
- include economic analysis and/or cost-benefit analysis of identified adaptation strategy or strategies
|Local Public Agencies|
Eligible primary applicants are: MPOs, RTPAs, transit agencies, cities and counties, Native American Tribal Governments, local and regional agencies, and special districts.
Example eligible project types include: climate vulnerability assessments, extreme weather event evacuation planning, resilience planning, transportation infrastructure adaption plans, natural and green infrastructure planning, integration of transportation adaption planning considerations into existing plans, and evaluation of or planning for other adaption strategies.
|Most Recent/Current Due Date|
|Feb 23, 2018|
|Most Recent RFP Release Date|
|Jan 05, 2018|
|Total Possible Multi-Year Award|
|Annual or Multi-Year?|
|The required local match is 11.47 percent in cash or an in-kind contribution.|
|California Department of Transportation, Division of Transportation Planning|
|Total Amount Available for All Grants|
Link to Further Information