|Health and Nutrition|
|State or Federal?|
This opportunity provides funding to implement a capacity building assistance (CBA) program to strengthen the capacity and improve the performance of the nation's HIV prevention workforce.
There are four program components/strategies that applicants can apply to provide:
1) National training
2) Regional technical assistance
3) Continuous quality improvement and sustainability for community-based organizations (CBOs)
4) Marketing and administrative support for the CPN
These components prioritize building individual competencies and technical expertise, strengthening organizational capacities, and enabling supportive structural environments for the HIV prevention workforce to optimally plan, integrate, implement, and sustain comprehensive HIV prevention programs and services. This NOFO promotes and supports national prevention goals, the HIV care continuum, and CDC's HIP approach.
|Academic Institutions, K-12 School Districts, K-12 Schools, Local Public Agencies, Native American Tribes, Nonprofit Organizations, Private Corporations, State Government|
|Any type of organization is eligible to apply.|
|Most Recent/Current Due Date|
|Nov 12, 2018|
|Due Date Notes|
A letter of intent (LOI) is recommended but not required. LOIs are due by October 12, 2018.
The schedule for informational calls will be posted on the PS19-1904 website at
The due date for the full application is November 12, 2018, by 11:59pm Eastern Time.
|Total Possible Multi-Year Award|
|# of Awards|
|Annual or Multi-Year?|
|While a match is not required, leveraging other resources and related ongoing efforts to promote sustainability is highly encouraged.|
|Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Total Amount Available for All Grants|
The four program components have different anticipated number of awards and average award amounts.
1) National training - $4.5 million average award amount per budget period, approximately 2 national awards
2) Regional technical training - $1,116,667; approximately 12 regional awards
3) Continuous quality improvement and sustainability for CBOs - $1.1 million; approximately 1 national award
4) Marketing and administrative support for CPN - $500,000; approximately 1 national award
Link to Further Information