|State or Federal?|
The California Department of Education (CDE) and California Collaborative for Educational Excellence (CCEE) invite county offices of education (COEs) to submit an application to be named as a Geographic Lead Agency (Lead Agencies), within the California Statewide System of Support.
Geographic lead agencies will be responsible within a define geographic area to coordinate efforts to build COE capacity to support school districts in the continuous improvement process. Each COE will be supported by one Lead Agency.
|Local Public Agencies|
Applicants must be a county superintendent of schools; who may partner as a consortium with other LEAs, institutions of higher education, or nonprofit educational services providers; and meet these requirements:
1. Expertise with the state priorities and with federal programs;
2. Ability to build the capacity of other COEs within its defined geographic area to provide effective assistance and support to school districts under the state priorities;
3. Capacity and willingness to provide necessary assistance and support to school districts and other COEs within its defined geographic area on improving student performance and closing achievement gaps for student groups;
4. Ability to coordinate and calibrate assistance and support provided to LEAs within its defined geographic area and with geographic and expert Lead Agencies, special education resources leads, the CCEE, and CDE; and
5. Willingness to establish goals and be held accountable for improved performance across multiple measures within a defined geographic area.
|Most Recent/Current Due Date|
|Sep 20, 2018|
|Most Recent RFP Release Date|
|Aug 06, 2018|
|Total Possible Multi-Year Award|
|# of Awards|
|Annual or Multi-Year?|
|Two application workshop webinars will be held on August 9th and August 16th.|
|California Department of Education|
|This application covers the grant period beginning October 25, 2018, and ending June 30, 2023. The total grant budget for this request for applications (RFA) is $4 million per year. The 6 to 10 Lead Agencies are selected for a term ending no later than June 30, 2023. Annual review of the Lead Agency efforts is required for continued funding.|
Link to Further Information